The lure of the NGG16...

Inspiration comes in many forms, and whilst I still have plenty of modelling in 009 to complete with my first two projects, my thoughts have turned to 'what next'. Sensible head is saying perhaps some rolling stock, or even a small diarama.

However the lure of the NGG16s, in particular the Backwoods Miniatures kits, is very strong. I remember visiting the Welsh Highland Railway with my Dad back around 2005 (I think) and being absolute transfixed by these huge, powerful and purposeful looking narrow gauge locomotives.

Keith Hilton 1942-2011

I'm visiting the line again this weekend - and will be travelling the length of the route from Caernarfon to Porthmadog. I've not got the funds at the moment as the kit is nearly £200 but when you combine the real right here right now inspiration with photos of the engines in South Africa prior to preservation (as above) then it's more a question of when, not if...

Comments