Musing over: cylinders...

Tonight, after a rather lengthy gap thanks to my G scale Romanian narrow gauge diesel kit, I dug out my first 009 steam locomotive kit.


If you remember I had assembled the chassis and started the cylinders? Well tonight things went very well, quickly and easily. I finished the cylinders including the fiddly wrappers and soldered them to the frames.



I've still got to fit the tops to them, and then onto some other chassis parts before starting the dreaded and nerve wracking valve gear. I always considered this kit a stepping stone - a combination of a complex etched body, and in particular valve gear, but with a ready to run chassis. One step - the valve gear. Next step, a fully fledged kit built chassis. If I can handle the valve gear on this, then I can try a Backwoods kit - or potentially a Five79 'Joan' when it is available. In the meantime, this is shaping up nicely :)

Comments