Chattenden in 009: the commission...

I like rod driven diesel shunters, and the rebuilt Baguley Drewry with rear cab entry on the Welshpool and Llanfair is probably my favourite in the UK.
RT models offer a whitemetal kit but it's the in rebuilt version and I think the bonnet detail is a little chunky. I asked if Allen at Worsley Works would consider drawing one of his scratch aid kits up to mount on a Graham Farish 08 chassis.
That was a few months ago and today the first etch arrived with me and I am very excited indeed. Those that know Chattenden well should recognise the details specific to the rebuild. The kit wouldn't have been possible without support from Andrew Charman either, who took some key measurements and photos during the kits development.
I can't wait to get started on it expect more very soon!

Comments