Jung Cn2t new from EuroNG...

I'm pleased to share my next kit, to be released through EuroNG. I've kept this one under my hat, as I wanted to share a finished model rather than the development - you may have caught glimpses on the Facebook page or on the blog, but here she is finished...

The model is based loosely on the Jung Cn2t preserved at Bredgar, and is designed to fit on the Minitrains Porter 0-6-0st chassis (not included). The kit includes a 3D printed body, 3D details (chimney, cylinder covers, clack valves, couplings), etched parts (roof, window frames, buffer beams, smokebox riveted panels, smokebox door handle, tank top baskets (and alternative water filler lids)) and a suitable screw to fit inside the chimney and screw into the chassis. The print is based upon my other two O&K kits but is a Jung (smaller window frames, square edge to the bottom of the side tank, different buffer beams).

To complete you will need some 0.4mm wire, 0.9mm wire, plastic 'micro-strip' sections and glazing material - along with paint and transfers.

I've finished my model as per Katie - with very fiddly 0.5mm white lining from Fox. To get this finish I first sprayed green - then painted the black edges by hand with a fine brush. Once dry I added the white transfers along the borders - and then sealed with Testers Dull-cote.
The baskets on the side tanks are optional - and can be left off, and replaced with water tank filler lids (provided). The cab handrails fit into holes in the print, but the clack valves need a small 1mm hole drilling.
The steam feed pipework is formed from 0.9mm wire - the steam feed valve in front of the steam dome is part of the print, and has better detail than I've used before. The sand dome and steam dome are different to the O&K to match the prototype.
I'm expecting to get the first batch together in the next four weeks - it will then go on sale from Narrow Planet. The price will be £50 including UK delivery.

Comments