Porthgain in 009: lining started...

Porthgain received a coat of green paint last week and I've now started lining the locomotive...
For this I utilise Fox N-gauge transfers, in this case BR Express Passenger (orange black orange). However I've run out of the sharp radius corners so will need to order a second set (this set has done my Manning Wardle, Rheneas and both my Hunslet's mind) and I must get on and design the Porthgain name plates to have them etched.

Why green? Well the works photo was indistinct, but looked like it was finished in black until you looked really closely. Then I realised it was a colour, edged in black with a feather thin lining seperating the two - and then more distinctive lining out each panel.

I tried feather edge lining on my Manning Wardle - so could have gone the same route with Porthgain but decided on something a little more straight forward - so I've decided to line out just the panels. I don't think this will massively detract from the model that is a comprimise in many ways already (reduced in size to fit with 009 track - as the prototype was 3ft, being the largest).

More soon when transfers arrive!

Comments