Dawson Creek: Shinohara HOn2.5 track arrives...

An exciting post Christmas parcel arrived this week, containing the Shinohara HOn2.5 (or H0n30 / H0e / 009 / OO-9) track...
This is for the Dawson Creek project... why did I go with Shinohara track? They do the very tight 150mm radius points, in a live frog, for a fraction of the price of Minitrains track - in fact about the same as the Peco 009 Set-track. However, they have a nice light rail (compared to Minitrains) as it's Code 60, and they are live frog (whereas the Peco Set-track isn't). It is also a tigher radius than the Peco Set-track. So yes, less well known but with some real potential benefits.
Underneath you can see they are stamped up as made in Japan. They do seem nicely put together, but I think I need to wire the frogs up for live switching rather than solely relying on rail contact.
I have also bought the Shinohara flexi-track to match. More soon, once I have a baseboard built to lay them on!

Comments