Ruston Proctor in 006.5: test print arrives...


Last week my 'test print' of the Ruston Proctor arrived from Shapeways and it didn't take long to get it out and find the Busch H0f chassis to test fit...
Despite appearances it didn't quite fit first time, there were two small modifications to make - one to the chassis, one to the body, both quick and easy and that's why I do prototypes.
The Busch chassis is an incredibly snug fit in the model which is a true scale replica of the 18" gauge locomotive. No room for extra weight but the big magnet Busch use should mean that's not a problem. I am thinking I'll do pretent etched wheels if I offer it as a kit, for those that just want to use it as a wagon load.
It really is tiny. You can see it posed here with my 009 Porter from Koala Creek that's on the workbench at the moment, alongside a Meridian 009 slate wagon, which is actually wider!
I then dipped it in white spirit overnight to clean up the wax residue and it's come out lovely and sharp. I can't wait to finish off the etch design and get those ordered. I took it around to Charlie Insley's to show him, and here you can see it posed with one of his more recent kit bashes destined for his new colonial exhibition layout some of you may have seen at Warley.
So more soon - but not until I get the etch design finished off...

Comments