Hudson Hunslet in 7/8ths...

I've talked about this one before as a personal project, but now I'm considering doing a small batch of these distinctive locomotives in 7/8ths scale. They scale out about 16cm long and 8cm wide and pack a lot of character into a small package...
Hudson Hunslet 2463
The models will be multi-media, using 3D print, laser cut plastics, hand cut styrene, etched metal and resin parts build around a compact micro motor and delrin chain drive including a small but powerful Lipo battery and R/C system, and Slaters wheels in either 32 or 45mm gauge. Paint finish will be a choice between single colour all over, or with added options including different chassis and buffer beam colours, along with the option of a simple lining scheme. Custom etched name plates to the customers specification are included within the price.

Each model will be hand assembled in my workshop using fine hand tools and great care in North Wales, looking out over the Llangollen Railway.

It will be finished to a similar style and finish to my own 'Simplex 40S'...


Work has begun on some of the part design, including the axle boxes and radiator as these will be 3D printed in high definition 'Frosted Ultra Detail' plastic by Shapeways. This allows me to include full bolt detail in the print, and a strong and easily worked material.




This batch will be built early in 2019, and each model will be £1070, limited to just 5 models.
Please contact me using the form on my website, Facebook or one of the forums if you'd like to reserve a model. At this stage I will take a 25% deposit to allow me to source materials for the build.

Contact me for your own custom commissioned model. More soon...

Comments

  1. James - what type of controller for the RC are you considering?

    Kelvin

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment on my blog - I appreciate you taking the time to share your views. If you struggle to log in, please turn off the ‘block cross-site tracking’ setting in your browser.

James.