Recently completed commissions...

I've had quite a busy month with various projects and commissions coming to a close, I thought I'd share a few on here...
First up the 6point5 Hunslet Jenbach 'Jubilee' has proven to be a popular kit in my 6point5 range. I had a request from a 09 scale modeller to look into a re-scale. When you increase the size of 3D and 2D artwork it's not just a simple photocopy enlargement. The print needs wall thickness reducing, improving the fidelity of some parts. The etches parts need adjusting for material thickness, and checking for fit. The finished model will look great, the customer just requiring a kit. Get in touch using the contact form on my website, or a message on Facebook or one of the forums for your own commission.
Secondly I've started structures for a 009 layout using the Peco setrack range. It's been done before but here is a modified Wills 'tin chapel' with some of the Ratio signal boxes let in to opened out windows. I've also centred the 'extension' on the back (the old front) to make the chimney in the middle of the building. The layout will be about 3' x 2' and feature a sand quarry, a nice industrial setting for a narrow gauge layout. If you'd like me to build you a layout, or just a building, please do get in touch for your own commission.
Finally, this one has been in the works for a while. It's Colin Peake's lovely model of Flower of the Forest. I have re-painted it and added custom designed transfers to the side and around the smokebox door, as well as a custom etched dedication plate. This used my old favourite Humbrol 131 and a lot of careful masking of Colin's wonderful scratch built model. If you have an old model you'd like me to breathe new life into get in touch.

More soon...

Comments