An O&K for sandier shores...

What do we have here? Another Narrow Planet O&K? Don't I have two already? Well I never normally build models for other people but before Christmas I offered to make an exception for fellow blogger Jam...
Jam has been building a model of Fawley oil refinery railway, and more recently a quick project called 'Sandy Shores'. I kept suggesting that a Narrow Planet O&K would be a perfect locomotive for him, but we exchanged a few messages and he was worried about his ability to complete the model to a high standard.
So - I offered to build him one - as I'd not built an O&K myself for over a year. It was my first kit that I designed and marketed through Narrow Planet, and I'm still very proud of it and how it goes together. This is the Mk3 version, small improvements made over time mean it has better cab detail. The print was exquisite as well and has needed no smoothing at all.
So in one evening (1h30m of model time) I have completed all the basics. I have one or two small things to add before I prime and paint her - she will be a bright green (but toned down) with thin black lining.
More soon...

Comments