Koala Creek Porter arrives...

Ever since Jeroen shared his 3D printed Porter designed for the Minitrains Krauss chassis I've wanted one...
Well finally I caved in and am scratching a North American itch as I plan a Canadian mineral  line on 009 (or should I say OOn30). It's a lovely clean print, it will need a little smoothing but not much.
I am wondering what to do about the bell and whistle though - any advice appreciated. I've also been wondering what to do for the chimney/stack. The print includes a spark arrestor that you can fit to a tube and then secure to the chassis with a screw. I have also tried two Minitrains ones I had in my bits box...
The first one is from a Brigadelok and has a spark arrestor - this isn't a bad shape or size, but it just a smidge too short - but I do have some plastic tube about the right diameter so I could add a little to the base to increase the height by 3mm...
The straight stack would be cut down to be about the height of the cab roof - but I think it might be a little slim. I think I'd prefer a straigh stack on my loco - what other alternatives are there? I think Jeroen's mentioned the Brigadelok straight stack? If anyone fancies a swap with my Diamond stack then I'd be happy to oblige I think... More soon...

(Jeroen's Porter is available with a wooden or steel cab direct from Shapeways: https://www.shapeways.com/shops/koala_creek)

Comments