Klondike gold...

Well what is this? Another crazy diversion... That's what!

Will it ever be built? Who knows! What I can tell you is a Koala Creek Porter kit is on its way to me via Shapeways and I've been researching Canadian forestry and mineral lines.
However the stuff that caught my imagination was the lines around Dawson City in the Klondike, Yukon - north Canada right up near the Alaskan border. Well near ish! I visited Whitehorse and flew in a bush plane up to Dawson City in 1999, it was an amazing holiday and an area that my father had always loved. So it's no surprise that it's lodged in my memory.
I always have wanted to model the White Pass but this short layout (sized to be an entry in the Dave Brewer challenge this year if I build it) is much more manageable. More soon...

Comments