Davenport in 009: etch design...

The Davenport model moves a step closer as tonight I finished the etch design, first up though some 'mock-ups' of what I hope my prototype model will end up looking like...


I can't decide whether I'll go for all over black (like the steam engine will be) or reverse the colours and have a yellow body and black lettering. We'll see - what you can see here is the beginning of some custom transfer design. I'll get John at Precision Labels to make these up for me - and will include the text for both the Davenport and the Porter.


I have also worked up the etch design. This is drawn in 'Graphic' (the new name for iDraw on the Mac). Here you can see the bonnet radiator grill, and radiator itself, cab roof, bonnet doors, cab doors, rivet strips (above the bonnet doors), cab front, rear and the 'Davenport' that goes each side of the radiator.


The last few things need adding to the 3D design in the next few days - these include the final bolt detail, and mounting holes/brackets for the front handrails. More soon...

Comments

  1. I don't know if it's possible to etch cranks and connecting rods for the gmeinder chassis?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Harry, I already have some etched for the Gmeinder with F&C axles fitted. Once I've seen the production version of the NS2f chassis from Minitrains I'll redraw these and add them to the etch. For now I have a modified Gmeinder chassis this will slot straight on to...

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment on my blog - I appreciate you taking the time to share your views. If you struggle to log in, please turn off the ‘block cross-site tracking’ setting in your browser.

James.