Pamela and friends...

I picked up a damaged example of the Narrow Planet 'Pamela' Hunslet kit at ExpoNG back in October... It's been on my workbench for some time...
The kit captures the prototype exceptionally well, and is well matched to the Minitrains F&C chassis. I'm not entirely convinced by the size of the central brace on the roof, but it's an interesting feature. The handrails are also a touch high, but the dimples on the saddle tank made drilling the holes a lot easier than on my Brian Madge Hunslet.
I fitted a smokebox dart (Eileen's) and the handrail also uses Eileen's short handrail knobs and 0.45mm brass wire. I added handrails to the rear of the cab as well. I now intend to add a few more details having studied photographs. These include some of the injector pipework, a balance pipe (or what looks like one) under the boiler, a lubricator, ejector pipework as well as a whistle. On the chassis I will work on the cylinders, valve gear and brake actuators.
Here I posed her with the much smaller 'Quarry Hunslet', as well as Sirdar - to show how big Sirdar is really!
Here you can see the myriad of projects scattered and abandoned across the workbench - if they're here, they're not finished! You can see stock and locos from Bejsu Reka, the small micro layout, Creech Bottom, the French project and the new sugar cane project too... More soon...

Comments