Meadow Lane - another distraction?

Not another one I hear you shout! Paxton Road is 2 years in the making and still only 60% finished - and Rose Hill is barely 3 months in, what is he thinking?!!

As readers of RMWeb will be aware this week I've been musing over building a 230hp Sentinel shunter - a chain driven one based on the Manchester Ship Canal examples - using a Judith Edge kit. This would ideally be P4, DCC and possibly even sound fitted. It would definitely feature working headlights, cab light and flashing beacon on the roof.

An aspiration since I started the pointless (as in no points - not as in no point!) Rose Hill was to try my hand at building my own track in P4. Now I've got the confidence I can do this I wondered about a small diarama and out came the sketchbook.

I think it holds some charm - an overgrown down at heels track across the front, a road crossing going to a small yard and warehouse with overgrown rail access. Behind the back security fence is the link to the mainline. Off to one side is either a traverser or cassettes and on the right is a simple sector plate.

We'll see I guess - 50% certain this one's a goer!



Comments