Why an independent blog?

Most of you who end up reading this will probably have seen my threads on the old RMWeb 3, and more recently on the new RMWeb Community. I've taken to using blogs on the new community to post my modelling progress - I really like the formatting and control - and the way comments are less obtrusive. In addition the functionality linking to the galleries is fantastic.

However in recent weeks RMWeb has suffered a few gremlins and it's made me realise just how, hmm, transient some things can be that you don't have control over.

So here we are, a stand alone blog on Blogger. These pages will become a focus for information, photos, progress and ramblings. I shall be keeping RMWeb up to date - but for those days when other sites are down I hope people will stop by hear in the same way I stop by James Wells, Nigel Burkin, James Makin and George Dent's blogs.

Introduction and explanation about what why and how over I'll post up a potted history of Paxton Road and some photos in a seperate post. Thanks for stopping by!


Comments


  1. Only just seen your blog James! Managing to catch up with a few things now we're beginning to settle down into some sort of routine and normality! We've had a fair bit on recently!

    I hope you enjoy the world of blogging, especially with your own, independent blog - it can be a little addictive at times too!

    Take care,

    James

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks James - having been in a similar situation to yourself (new dad) 2y6m ago I can honestly say it does change your modelling habits, but in my case for the better giving me more time and defined pockets as she got older.

    I've used blogger for my mountainbiking site for a long time - I'd never considered using it for modelling, who'd want to read about me?! but to be honest yours was one of the sites that has given me that final nudge! Cheers for the support!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment on my blog - I appreciate you taking the time to share your views. If you struggle to log in, please turn off the ‘block cross-site tracking’ setting in your browser.

James.