Custom mixed blue...

I did say to myself I should finish Wasp...

But Viking just looked half baked with the Matt black overspray up the bonnet sides! So I decided on blue, with red bufferbeams as the base colours. Looking through my assorted enamels I just couldn't find the right colours do ended up mixing my own before applying them with an airbrush.
It was the buffer beams first, a mix of Humbrol red and orange to give a more faded appearance. Then the body work is quite a mix, some Railmatch Regional Railways dark blue, Intercity light silver grey and then a touch of Humbrol yellow. Perhaps not quite as faded as I'd planned but neat and a good finish.
Unfortunately I damaged the front step handrails when spraying so they need re-fitting. I'm trying to decide whether to do the chevrons on the buffer beams or just leave them plain.

Comments