Wasp striped...

It's been a while since I worked on my 009 projects.
I've been suffering from a big dose of indecision and pondering whether to just start again and ditch these two models and go for one consistent prototype.

First it was South Africa and it's 2ft gauge NGG16 garrats and 2-8-2 NG15s are still a strong pull but lack of space and the high cost put a dampener on that day dream.

Next up it was Eastern European HOe, and the drawer of the active narrow gauge lines in the early 1990s across Poland still hauling regular freight. The price of the model LxD2 locomotives ended that dream.

Then the Bosnian narrow gauge flirted into my conscious with it's mainline trains and dramatic scenery. A true project for life to do it justice so the sensible head has put it on ice for now.

More recently I've splashed out on a G gauge LxD2 diesel kit, so the second day dream is pretty much dead... However recent weeks and a trip behind both Lyd and Taliesin on the Festiniog has me wondering again about small tank engines in 009.

With that renewed interest I finally got around to progressing the existing kits, Wasp and Viking...
Wasp had a dusting of yellow over the ends and then the stripes carefully masked with hand cut masking tape. Then both models had there chassis painted black with the airbrush and the ends painted on Wasp. Very successful I might add... Just a small touch in of yellow on the radiator end of Wasp and a snapped exhaust on Viking.

I think Wasp will be faded green, and Viking lined maroon. We'll see...

Comments