Hungarian forestry diesel in 009: white...

So another image of the Hungarian diesel after a rinse in white spirit, to remove the waxy residue. It shows how crisp the print is, and how thin I've managed to get the windows...

It needs a little cleaning and smoothing but I will wait until the parts are available.
In my recent Shapeways order were also some replacement stantions for my Minitrains bolsters - these are both wider and taller, and more in keeping with an 009 model.

I've drawn up the artwork for the etched components to this evening, the bonnet doors, cab doors, bonnet grill and surround plus window frames...


It'll be cool to see this come together in a few weeks. More soon...

Comments

  1. Hi John,
    the replacement stantions are one of my creations. I hope you enjoy them. I actually tested the printing in black detail plastic, which will hopefully avoid the cleaning and painting of the stantions.
    Keep up your work. And if you like, have a look to my 009 logging railroad at blog.waldbahner.de

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah ha - well they are very well designed and a big visual improvement - no issue with 'de-waxing' in a bath of white spirit, but black detail would be cheaper and perhaps a little more resilient to rough handling. I have looked at your blog - an excellent piece of modelling - and you are making more progress with your layout than I am!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi James,
    many thanks (and sorry for the name mismatch in my previous post).
    I just got the shipment notification from shapeways this morning, so the new parts may arrive within the next days. I'll give you a feedback how they turned out.
    Gerd

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment on my blog - I appreciate you taking the time to share your views. If you struggle to log in, please turn off the ‘block cross-site tracking’ setting in your browser.

James.