Minitrains Brigadelok in 009...

Well last week my long anticipated Minitrains Feldbahn set arrived with the black locomotive and four brown cars...

The locomotive performs superbly straight from the box but with a nice satin sheen and works plates is a little too bling for Bejsu Reka! I can also confirm it is definitely 4mm (1:76) as seen from the scaled drawing in the photos. I've been pondering modelling an example from the Macedonian line to Lake Ohrid but for now I have plumped for a generic forestry locomotive.




So the first cuts were to turn the gas lights to electric lights. I will add a turbo generator and exhaust in front of the cab. The drivers side tank will get a tool box an jack and the fireman a large coal bunker. I'll also be fitting a wooden pole to the sides of the domes - I presume the purpose was either shunting or re-railing? Anyhow more soon...




Comments

  1. Good morning James,

    the wooden pole on the Waldbahn Muskau engines were used for rerailing cars/car trucks. BTW, these prototype locos used batteries instead of a turbo generator.

    This locos are really great and I love them a lot. My green loco is in service for some days now and I got my black train set last weekend too and I look forward to add DCC and details during the next days.

    Regards, Gerd

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the clarification Gerd - I will watch your blog with interest.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment on my blog - I appreciate you taking the time to share your views. If you struggle to log in, please turn off the ‘block cross-site tracking’ setting in your browser.

James.