Bumper Shapeways delivery...

I received my latest order from Shapeways today, and along with the next batch of Narrow Planet O&Ks and other (new) stuff, there were a number of test prints...

The first is a O&K 0-6-0 that I've drawn up to go on the Roco chassis. This is actually pretty close - it needs a few more details adding, and I will look at improving the smokebox door too, but it fits! It will have an etched front footplate section and smokebox saddle and will use the chimney from the Roco feldbahn to allow modellers to choose from a selection of options.
Here it is for size with the Narrow Planet 40hp.

The second is a tiny Czech loco, like the NS2 this was conceived for my factory layout, and is as small as I think you can go on the Minitrains Krauss chassis. It uses a short stack again and I've fitted a Kobel spark arrestor for a bit of variety - although in reality this should be much much shorter! The cab will have a wrap around front, back and roof, and then separate etched sides that wrap over the tank front too - so can be quite detailed. The back of the cab is a little warped so I need to think about that on the production model.
Again, posed with the Narrow Planet 40hp.
Finally, for now, is the boiler section for my C2 project. This will now be mostly an etched body, but the boiler has come out well - and only needs a little modification to work with the Fleischmann BR81 chassis. I'm pleased! Lots of etch design work now needed though... More soon...



Comments