Hudswell in 009: tweaks before airbrush...

Following some welcome feedback I've made a few tweaks to the finish of the Hudswell...
Spot the difference? Side on it's clear to see the sides are a little dirtier now - and there is a streaking from the water filler down and onto the top of the cylinder. In addition it appears the loco used to be named and this has been removed! This was achieved by cutting a letter box slot 2x7mm in some masking tape and carefully mixing up a little darker paint and gently painting it on. Once dry I used a 0.4mm diameter brass wire to 'dot' on the old holes with brown paint (black always looks too harsh when used for weathering).
I'm really pleased with the finish now so will dig out the airbrush later this week...
I've also been painting a crew to fit in the cab - I will show these next time when they're finished.
More soon...

Comments

  1. The discolouration from where the nameplates have been is a lovely touch!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment on my blog - I appreciate you taking the time to share your views. If you struggle to log in, please turn off the ‘block cross-site tracking’ setting in your browser.

James.