Sirdar in 009: finishing details...

After progress on Porthgain this week I turned attention to my small Kerr Stuart...
Sirdar is now ready for some paint! Another milestone! So what's been finished off? I've added rivets to the second tank - as well as buffer beams. You'll notice I've not gone to town adding all the rivets shown in the photos... To me it's important to get the balance right in 009. You can't model every detail, so you choose what to represent. My path is 'it looks right' so that's why the tanks, smokebox and buffer beams have rivets but even these aren't 100% accurate. As well as these I've added a whistle, cab footsteps, cylinder covers, water tank lids and a sandbox lid. It's the combination of these details that have brought the model to life...
I'm not certain if I like this model yet - but we'll see once it's painted whether it has a home on Creech Bottom. More soon...

Comments