Porthgain in 009: ready for primer...

Porthgain is ready for the paint shop... 
Yes there is probably a little more detail I could add here or there, more rivet transfers for instance, but I'm happy now with how she looks and can't wait to get some paint on her...
The final touches shown here include the cab detailing, a rear bunker plate and handbrake, sand boxes and cab foot steps.
I originally planned to paint the model in lined black, then I wondered if it was dark blue with white lining... however I think I'm going to go with a lined dark green with orange/black/orange lining as I can't find any notes in any of my history books on the prototype - and I think with the Porthgain nameplates there is a touch of the GWR in her looks.
Progress might stall again for a week or so whilst I finish off my model of Sirdar to also be ready for painting. More soon...

Comments