Other exhibits at ExpoNG 2016...

The show at Swanley in Kent this year was good with a variety of scales and topics modelled, probably my favourite show for a while but that might be because James helped us out behind the scenes so we managed to get a look around at other layouts too (thanks James!!) I didn't see everything but here are a few photos of my favourites...
Pike's Pitts by Peter Hollins was a lovely layout with real presence. It's models were electric track powered and the stock had a massive amount of detail.


Very impressively the wagons had working breaks and all featured working opening and tipping mechanism.


Each wagon was modelled on a real prototype, so there is a wide variety of stock on such a small line.


Seeing a 1:24 scale Quintus made me withs I'd taken along my own 009 model to compare it with!

I liked this little layout, which I think was on a trader/society stand but it wasn't particularly obvious. Lovely modelling in 0-16.5 in a small space.


The wonderful 009 layout by P'tit train de la Haute Somme was very nicely modelled indeed. Some great scenes despite the shallow depth of scenery, my favourite was probably the canal scene.


The Corn Mill XL by Jan van Mourik and Henk Wust with scenery by the Jacobs was very nicely modelled indeed. Henk was a real character too, and it was nice to meet him and share a drink in the hotel afterwards. Some scenic tricks on the layout that I'll be borrowing for my next project.

Trinca-Vecnou Escadrille St Michel was a fascinating layout. I stood and watched this for some time - however didn't take many photos as it was always busy with punters. A good sign of an entertaining exhibition layout.

It's a wonderful show and if you ever have the chance to go - do so - it's well worth the trip, the admission fee for both the mix of wonderful modelling AND the trade support.

Comments