Preparing for ExpoNG...

It's that time of year again, ExpoNG is upon us, and that means my annual pilgramage to Swanley in Kent and the preparation that goes with it...
The first year I went with Tim (way back in 2013 I think) we exhibited his layout and that is what hooked me back into 009 after working in LGB G-scale for many years. We talked during the show about the excellent performance of the Minitrains chassis and a year later I went back with my first kit, the Narrow Planet O&K contractor loco that was designed to use the Minitrains Krauss.
Every year I've gone since either on the Narrow Planet stand or with my own layout, Creech Bottom, I've had new models to show and sell and this year is no different. The Jung Cn2t and Diema DS40 should be on sale, and the prototype for the Andrew Barclay conversion for the Boehler will be on display as a 'beta model'.
I also have prepared a batch of my LKM NS2 diesels for sale as 'ready to plonk' bodies - just needed a Minitrains Gmeinder chassis to complete. These are true 009 models of a real prototype so take your Minitrains trainset to a more 'scale' appearance. I've finished them in Humbrol enamels as they're hard wearing, with a green body, maroon chasssis and black running plate. I think they look very fetching and I might be tempted to do further 'short runs' of my own kits in the future.
This threesome will be on sale on the Narrow Planet stand for £60 a throw.
If you're coming along do say hello - remember to let me know who you are and your name! I'll be wearing a cheque shirt with a NP (Narrow Planet) badge - and be behind the NP stand or Tim Ellis's layouts. More soon...

Comments