Exhibiting Creech Bottom at Rainhill...

Last weekend I took Creech Bottom to the Rainhill exhibition and had help from my two children for the day...
The layout performed well again, and got lots of lovely comments - many reflecting on it's simplicity, and the impact this had on realism. Lots of 'oh isn't this just lovely', even a few 'this is just streets ahead of everything else' which is very flattering to hear.
The new Small Run Batch Peckett was brilliant - smooth slow running, and it just looks superb on the layout. A great kit, and I can't wait to add the name and works plates.
The Brian Madge Quarry Hunslet was also heavily used, again a smooth slow running locomotive that looked great on clay and passenger turns.
These few shots show just how effective my ID models photo back scene is in low angle shots. I'm very happy with the finish and the results I can achieve with just basic layout lighting and in iPhone 5S camera.
The star of my show, the Peckett again, showed here with a gentle hazy background, and then pictured through the woods. I'm hoping on my new layout to have an even more heavily wooded section to glimpse trains through on their approach to the interchange sidings.
More inertia to get started on the follow up project. More on that another time...

Comments