Peckett in 009: lining started...

The SRB Peckett has been given a coat of Humbrol 131 satin green and a start has been made on applying the lining...
Now we're not talking a simple lining scheme here with just rectangles on the tank and lower cab sides, no that would be far too easy, no here we're talking a full Peckett lining scheme! Well the kit is so lovely I feel it deserves it!
The lining is Fox N gauge mixed traffic orange/black/orange and is very fiddly. I apply it carefully and use Micro-set to aid adhesion. Avoid Micro-sol on these fine decals as it can shrivel them. Once they're applied I've used Humbrol satin black to paint out the outer orange line and edge the panels in black. 
So far I've done the cab front and one can side, along with the saddle tank top. I still need to do the cab back, the other cab side and the tank front. I also intend to add rectangles of lining within these panels on the cab side lower and saddle tank sides. I've got works plates to fit and am wondering about what name to use on this model... suggestions welcome! Do I stick with Gamecock or go for something else? More soon...

Comments