A shed for Samson in 009...

After a visit to Beamish at the weekend where I picked up the Samson book (despite not seeing him) I wanted to make something...
Sometimes an engine or stock just don't float my boat and so when I flicked through and found a drawing of the shed proposed to house Samson based on the former Crich shed at Chadwick Nick, I wondered whether it would work in 009.
So this is the work of about two hours modelling: Slaters embossed plasticard, a craft knife and ruler and some micro strip and rod. Then roof will be added next in corrugated iron and then the chimney added last. I'm quite happy with the result, despite adding 6 scale inches to the height it's still a little low for a cabbed engine but should be ok for small diesels or cabless Hunslets... not that I have one of those.. yet... or a layout for one... yet...
The doors have been distressed with a knife, both the ends and between some of the planks. The stone work has also been carved and lapped at the joins, which is quite effective.
The rear of the building has a brick built extension. This change in material and roof angle will add a bit of visual interest. Next up the roof, and then the lintels and finishing details including the window before hand painting in enamel paints. More soon...

Comments