Preparing for ExpoNG: part 1

My workbench has been somewhat covered with rolling stock recently, especially with ExpoNG looming and the realisation that I could do with some variety for Creech Grange...
To this end I now have 10 wagons and two coach/vans for the layout - and they're all 90% finished - with just a touch of weathering now to finish them off. You can also see some 009 stock in this photo and a Jung I'm building for a friend. At the top the slate wagons are destined for my next 009 project, top right are the 6 open wagons for Dawson Creek. In the centre a range of open wagons and a Penrhyn coach I've been building with the kids.
Of particular note, here is a photo of the forthcoming 6point5 'minimum gauge' Heywood open wagon. The test etched pieced being fitted prior to painting! The wagon is 3D printed, with clip in wheels, magnet couplings and then the etched pieces are fitted to the corners and ends, and the handrails formed from 0.4mm brass rod for each end.
Finally, as the Avonside is due to be a kit, here is a photo of the engine compared to the Ruston Proctor, both hopefully flying the flag for this new scale/gauge combination and encouraging a few more modellers to dabble in minimum gauge modelling. Come see me at ExpoNG - stand 5... more soon...

Comments