Creech Grange in 006.5: trees trees and more trees...

So following swiftly on from applying the static grass I dug out my box of 'reclaimed trees' from when I stripped my childhood model railway a few years ago...
These trees were built by my Dad, some scratchbuilt, others from Woodland Scenics kits (although he hated these as they were so 'small' in his opinion). I don't like building trees, and I have quite a stock of these as our OO layout was quite large and had plenty of wooded areas. Dad used to build them in the utility room whilst having a cigarette, so had plenty of time to contemplate them and I love the charm they exude even if they're not quite up to modern standards.
So the first shot at the top of the page, and above show me mocking up positions and working out what could work where - as well as adding some Woodland Scenics 'ready forest' and International Models (now sadly out of business I believe) hedge to create bushes and hedges.
Once positions were finalised holes were drilled and the trees glued in place. I've also added some fence posts, and foundations for the estate fencing.
I took a few photos of the layout, under non-ideal lighting, which were useful to give me an idea of the atomosphere, and if any other scenic work might be required.
There are a few areas I plan to do some more with but on the whole I'm pleased with the composition and won't be adding any more trees.
More soon...

Comments