Bagnalls in 009...

I've been putting together a pair of production Narrow Planet Bagnall side tank kits since the new year, it's funny, despite developing the kit for release last October, the final production parts didn't all arrive until just before the show, so this is the first time I've worked on them...
I'm building one as a 2-4-0 and one as an 0-6-0. Both have been modified to move the connecting rod to the centre axle, and the cylinders have been cut down and filed smooth. In addition to the basic etches and castings I have also fitted RT Models Penrhyn couplings, Small Run Batch sand boxes and various bits of 0.4 and 0.6mm diameter wire and plastic rod to represent the injectors and clack valves.
The pair are quite pretty, I'm torn between maroon and green for the final livery, and I'm pondering doing some custom lining transfers via Precision Labels to include names on the side tanks.
Finally, here is the 0-6-0 posed with something even more diminutive, word on that separately soon...

Comments