Px48 in 009: ready for weathering...

The second of my Polish locomotives, the PX48, is also now at the stage of weathering after pressing on with painting over the last 24 hours...
It's a pretty straight forward colour scheme, but the green required careful masking! The model was first sprayed black, a mix of satin and matt black enamel from Humbrol. I then mixed up a green using Humbrol 131 as a base, and adding a darker olive green until I had a shade I was happy with, again airbrushed. Once this was dry I used red to pick out the handrails, buffer beams and sides of the footplate and sole bars as well as the coupling rods.
The headlight rims and the spectacle plates and cab side windows were edged in with white by hand, and the headlights touched in with silver. The etched works plates, done by Steve at Narrow Planet a long time ago in brass had a red backing added, but didn't look right in raw metal so I dry brushed white over them. It's not perfect but better than before. The finish was sealed with dull-cote before I added glazing using 10thou clear styrene.
The plan now will be to lightly weather the model, and then add some coal in the tender. More soon...

Comments