Vowchurch wagons in 006.5...

I've been working on some more kits for 6point5, largely inspired by my own plans for a small slate railway in 006.5...
To go with the 'Taffson Evan and Jenkins' locomotives, I have also lifted the Vowchurch quarry slate wagons from the imagination of Brian Clarke and his wonderful book 'Slate Railway to Churchwater'. These tiny wagons combine etched brass fold up bodies and details with a 3D printed chassis.
As well as that approach, I've also incorporated a slot to mount a larger diameter magnet between the frames. I've used the ones supplied as Greenwich uncoupling magnets, and it improves the road holding as there is no where to add weight in these tiny wagons. The locos and couplings still cope with a train of 3 or 4 wagons with no problems.
These four are the production versions of the GW ones I showed a few months ago and should be onsale soon through Narrow Planet. More soon...

Comments