A little variety...

I really am very lucky to be able to spend my days running my own business, as well as being blessed with such a wide variety of work, and my own model making projects...
Work has recently started on the next EuroNG project, based on the German 0-4-0wt by Heilbronn, it will use a Minitrains F&C chassis and be the usual mix of 3D print and etched parts. I've some things to experiment with on this one, so it should be an interesting project to move forwards, release expected in Q2 2019.
I've also been making good progress on my Motor Rail G-series for the garden. The 3D parts for this arrived last week, and these were cleaned up quickly and fitted. They look great, and with the couplings it means I've been able to give her a little more of a test in the garden. The figure has been smoothed and now sits on a small tool box in the cab. More detail to fit, and the etched bonnet parts are due this week...
I've realised I need to finish the 006.5 micro layout for the end of October too, for the Dave Brewer challenge at ExpoNG so this has been dug out and I've made more of a start on the scenery as the 009 layout commission draws to completion. The intent is a run down feel, so I hope I have time to work on the structures, not my favourite part of model making, to give them a down at heel feel.
In the garden the yard area has gained the start of a fuel oil tank. This stands on real brick pillars made from Dolls House 1:12 scale bricks, and is a bit of an experiment to see how these fare in the garden environment if left out over the winter!
Finally, a shot of the Kerr Stuart Wren that my 6 year old and I have been putting together. This is based on the Tyneside Models kit, and we've now applied the custom transfers that we designed together and had made by Precision Labels. It's been a fun project, and although not all my son's work, he has done part of everything on the model, and is very happy to be close to finishing this so he can get on with his coach and brake van!

More soon...

Comments