Motor Rail G-series: cab and chassis details...

The 7/8ths scale Motor Rail G-series has progressed in the past week, between working on customer projects and helping my daughter with a 7/8ths wagon kit she has bought...
Since the last photos on the blog quite a few parts have been added. The exhaust pipe was formed in styrene, heated to get the sharp bends, which were then smoothed with filler. This is loose at present, but will be secured by a bracket to the cab front. On some photos there is a also a ventilator or filter protruding through the bonnet, I have yet to decide on whether to fit this or not.
In the cab I have added a few controls, made from scraps of styrene with the handles, beads raided from my daughters craft box. These are mounted a little higher than the prototype, so that the driver can be easily removed. I've still to add a clutch pedal, handbrake, and some detail to the seat/toolbox.
On the chassis I have added the brake shoes and the tensioner assemblies, both glued to the removable motorised chassis. The small squares with a single bolt behind the buffer beams are glued to the outer chassis, with clearance behind. A fake gearbox is glued to the inner chassis frames. All these details are somewhat vague in photos and non-existent on the drawing so I've used a little artistic but engineering licence.

The etched bonnet panels are due any day now, so once they've arrived I will add some half relief engine details and then it'll nearly be ready for painting.

More soon...

Comments