Diesel weekend at Apedale...

On Saturday I visited the Apedale Valley Light Railway in Newcastle Under Lyme for their diesel weekend...
It wasn't just a 'fun' visit with the kids... I had an ulterior motive. To see the Motor Rail G-series, however I was also taken with the two yellow Motor Rail Simplex 40S running on the field railway... one early and one late...
The wagons here are interesting, I must look into where they worked before being preserved at Apedale.
As well as the Motor Rails there were plenty of other locomotives about, including this pair of Rustons both working...
...the exhaust conditioner on this large one not working!
I'll post the photos of the G-series in a separate post. An enjoyable, if a little cold, visit. I always enjoy a walk around the site. More soon...

Comments