Prototype: Motor Rail G-series

To help with my build of the Motor Rail G-series, I visited Apedale to get a feel of the prototype and take some photos...
It was former Severn Trent, then Cadeby, before arriving at the Moseley Trust. It could possibly have been re-engined since working at Severn Trent, there are a lot of holes plated over on the top of the bonnet. The Motor-rail logo on the front wasn't on the prototype, so I'm not sure why it's been fitted over the circular hole in the grill.
The locomotive show signs of being modified over the years...
...despite being small it's still larger than a 6 year old...
The cab details will be useful to finish my own model. I may even try and do the etched build plate as a small nickel silver etch.
The handbrake and sandbox lever, pedal and seat, all modellable! I've shared these in case anyone else is ever daft enough to try and build one. More soon...

Comments

  1. Yes, similar, but different model
    loco. The quadrant was an interesting exercise in brass!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment on my blog - I appreciate you taking the time to share your views. If you struggle to log in, please turn off the ‘block cross-site tracking’ setting in your browser.

James.