Commission: Simplex 'Charley' in 009...

Recently finished on my workbench is this model of a plate frame Simplex based at Statfold Barn...
The model is build from a Shapeways 3D print that has been lightly modified and detailed, and fitted to a Kato Centram chassis that has been cut down and fitted with a resistor.
The finished model is tiny, but relatively controllable in operation. I've crammed as much weight under the bonnet and each end of the chassis as possible, and even included a white-metal driver, but it's still very light so haulage capacity might be limited. On test it hauled 5 Minitrains skip wagons with ease...
The customer asked for it to be finished in the style of 'Charley' from Statfold barn so I created some custom transfers for the sides of the bonnet. Here, below, you can see the Centram mechanism and how the liquid gravity has been filled in pockets I created at the front and back of the chassis, in addition to the lead under the bonnet.
Get in touch via my contact page on the website, Facebook page or messenger services on the various forums if you'd like me to put together a proposal to create your own custom model. More soon...

Comments