Hudson Hunslet in 7/8ths: prototyping...

Last August I started talking about producing a model of the diminutive 20hp Hudson Hunslet diesel in 7/8ths scale, pondering if I should offer it as a limited run of hand assembled models...
Well I've shared a few shots of the prototype artwork on my Instagram and Facebook pages but until now I'd not put the prototype parts together in a meaningful way to test out the model.
The radiator, engine, buffers and spring/axleboxes are 3D printed. I may also include a 3D printed flywheel cover and the column in the cab. The rest of the parts in this prototype (bar the wheels) are laser cut acrylic (for the inner chassis, buffer beams and floor) and styrene for the outer side frames and bodywork.
Generally all as planned - a few small modifications to the inner frames, along with some design changes to allow it to be more readily removed if ever required. I'm really pleased with the detail on the 3D printed parts though, the engine and radiator especially.
The model will be hand assembled and finished with pipes, cables, actuator, bolt and rivet heads etc etc all added by myself - and I'm offering a choice of cabs too, including the Hare Cragg example, the one plinthed at Blanau Ffestinog and open as shown here...
If you would like to add your name to the order there is still time. The model will be £1070 including batteries, drive and radio control receiver and transmitter. Contact me on Facebook, Messenger, forum private messages or via the contact form on the blog. More soon...

Comments