Commission: Beyer Peacock in 009...

I've been working on this Narrow Planet Beyer Peacock kit for a client, it's always nice to work on my designs and this one has been no different...
The model was a limited edition late last year and is currently sold out - although I believe there may be a short production run this year as well. It included white metal boiler fittings specifically designed for the kit, and etched overlays providing extensive rivet detail. These take a little care to fit smoothly, and I find adding a coat of primer allows you to find the rough spots and fettle them before adding more colour.
My customer has requested the model be finished in a dark maroon almost black rather than a 'Western' engine - which should make it stand out from the norm, and I'll add a crew and some clutter on the running plates once it's painted.
The original kit was actually a fictional model, based on a 'might have been' narrow gauge line between Llanfyllin and Llangynog, tapping into the mineral and slate resources of the Tanat valley to connect with the GWR at Llanfyllin. It's anticipated that further items will be released in the same theme in the future, as well as perhaps some 'modelling idea' booklets.
In the meantime, I've got a little more work to do on this model, smoothing out some places where glue has seeped out, and a little filling here and there.

If you'd like me to work on your own commission then get in touch using the contact form on my website, Facebook messenger via my Facebook page or one of the PM services on the various forums I post on. More soon...

Comments