Dyfrdwy Tramway: Wintry conditions...

Winter arrived early on the tramway at the weekend, with some sleet on Saturday that actually ended up sticking a little. 

The line was impassable at the top end, and pretty treacherous down at the wharf so no trains ran and supplies at the quarry were running low...
However come Sunday and with blue skies and bright sunshine the snow had gone, so the Simplex 40S was called upon to deliver fuel oil, which gave me an excuse to test out the new brake van!
I wanted to make sure it ran smoothly through the track and pointwork being propelled up the tramway and am happy to say it did, and the lovely layered finish, achieved through three layers of paint and subtle weathering looked great in the low autumn sun.
On board a dolls-house step ladder, a pair of Talisman track gauges and mallet went for a ride... Ideally I'd like a guard for the van too, so I will see what I can rustle up.
The low sun allows photos like this, you can't get them with such crisp shadows in the summer, but it was very cold!
Back at the wharf and parked up, the moss is taking hold nicely in this area, and to finish, a wonderfully atmospheric shot up the tramway to the Berywns in the distance. More soon...

Comments

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you Geoff, I'm blessed with the natural scenery which helps.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment on my blog - I appreciate you taking the time to share your views. If you struggle to log in, please turn off the ‘block cross-site tracking’ setting in your browser.

James.