Friday Update: Twenty-two Eleven Nineteen...

It seems as if it's been a quiet week at the workbench, but I'm not sure it has really, just lots of work on some larger scale models does make things feel slower. However, I did manage to get some paint on Conway Castle and the Talyllyn coaches too before it got too cold to use the airbrush in the back porch...

Inside, by the radiator I've been working on a pair of 7/8ths custom builds - two very different internal combustion projects. I shared a little on these last week, the Ruston 20DL and Campagne tractor.
The Ruston has come together really nicely, and I'm really pleased with the bonnet and cab parts, which were a bit of an experiment with pre-formed styrene quarter section. They've resulted in nice sharp curved corners whilst maintaining a good level of strength in these areas. The model has been worked over with thin styrene overlays and copious bolt heads as per the prototype. I will be adding the cab controls and wiring to this next week and then it's a waiting game for the etched grills that I have drawn up for the bonnet to be delivered. If you'd be interested in either of these models, or have a prototype you'd like me to create for you, in 7/8ths or another scale, do get in touch for a personal no obligation proposal. I work with you to generate a specification and style that will match your budget and dreams and I enjoy working on creating unique models in this way.
Comparing it to the Hudson Hunslet (this is the last of the 2019 batch) it's a lot longer despite the same power output, but narrower and lower. It's making me wonder if I should build my own as it's full of character and it's the only narrow gauge locomotive I have driven, having had a go on one many years ago at Penrhyn Castle!
I was excited to see that the EuroNG Resita(ish) and C50 have made it into the 'news' section of this month (December 2019) Continental Modeller - Andrew 'borrowed' the prototypes from the Narrow Planet stand at ExpoNG to take these lovely photos. The C50 will be back in stock at Warley this weekend, and the Resita will be launched at the show alongside the Planet in OO gauge. 
Speaking of which I'm all packed up and ready to go this afternoon, heading down to meet Steve, Rob and Tom at the hotel this evening. Packed quite light, I'm taking a few prototype models, some 006.5 stuff to display on Canal Street Wharf (which might be working some of the time as I've got the battery controller too) along with the 7/8ths Hudson Hunslet. DO stop by and say hello, I'll be on the stand on Sunday, although wandering about on Saturday with either a NP sweatshirt of NP button badge on.
Finally, with the release of the Planet, work has begun on a follow up kit in OO, all to be revealed soon on the blog, I will attempt to share some of the development process with this model as we try to create a new style of 'beginner's kit'.
Hope to see you at Warley, if not then have a good weekend and normal service will resume on Tuesday! More soon...

Comments