Friday update: Eight Eleven Nineteen...

It's been a good week here in North Wales, albeit damp and a bit dreary. Lots of progress on new projects, some of which I can share here...
First of all, a big restocking after ExpoNG ahead of Warley for Narrow Planet will see the new EuroNG kit, 'Resita-ish' released - this is in the usual Narrow Planet style, and will include the body, etches and couplings to modify the Minitrains Brigadelok chassis to an approximation of the chunky characterful Romanian machine.
I was also pleased to receive a copy of Railway Modeller Extra from Peco, as the layout I built last year from one of the plans I produced in the 009 Setrack book features, and Craig has done a good job of photographing the layout, it looks great combined with my notes and building photos to help those who have yet to take that first step into layout construction.
On the workbench the Heywood 'Muriel' has been painted and lined, this 09 model (0 scale on 9mm gauge track) is smaller than it looks and runs on a much modified Bachmann USA Consolidation chassis. I'm expecting the custom etched parts I designed and the name plates from Narrow Planet in the next few weeks to finish this one off before Christmas.
I've also been able to complete the Alan Keef Narrow Planet kit from Mark Greenwood. I also picked up a JCB and VW van for a small peat works layout I'm planning on building over Christmas in the holidays this year which will be a nice end to the year.
Autumnal weather does mean lovely colours and great steam effects on the Llangollen Railway that runs past our house, a lovely few days between showers enjoying these with the dog as well as working on my own Dyfrdwy Tramway brakvan, which is now basically ready for weathering and toning down from it's current relatively pristine finish. If you'd like me to work on your model, do get in touch. I still have a little capacity for smaller weathering and painting jobs this side of Christmas alongside the larger commission builds. Please drop me a line. More soon... 

Comments

  1. That Keef really is tiny compared to the JCB and VW!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes that was one of the reasons for a few vehicles when I realised how tiny it was going to be, they'll give the layout some scale. Plan is 006.5 again.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment on my blog - I appreciate you taking the time to share your views. If you struggle to log in, please turn off the ‘block cross-site tracking’ setting in your browser.

James.