Remembered: EMD 300bhp in 1:48...

Earlier this year I built a lovely American O-gauge (1:48) scale model of the EMD 300bhp switcher for a customer in North America. He had requested me to build the model as the 2doorsdown kit was UK designed, hence components such as wheels and gearboxes were easier to source over here...
Well I returned the working model in primer earlier in the year and he asked a local chap, Tim Hayman, to paint it for him. It's lovely to see the model finished and in use on the owners layout.
It's interesting to see it in context, as on my workbench of course it seemed huge. Here on a layout it does have the feel of a small industrial. Of course, the prototype, built largely for the US military, uses standard GM parts, hence the cab is the familiar style used on the SW1000/1200 (sorry if I'm a little off on my designations, I used to follow US modelling, but haven't actively modelled North American prototypes for 20 years).
If you've got a kit still in the box, why not enquire with me to get it finished. I can provide a full service including sourcing components and custom finishing including lining and works/name plates all to your specific requirements. Get in touch for a no obligation personal proposal. More soon...


Comments