Commission: Peckett weathering in OO...

I've pondered getting myself one of the Hornby Peckett 0-6-0st since they were announced, even having one on pre-order for a while, however in the end I decided I'd wait for a second batch. I'd hoped someone would ask me to work on one though, as I've been dying to see it in the flesh...
My prayers were answered when this one arrived, a lovely lined blue NCB example. I'd dismissed this version myself as I wasn't keen on blue engines, preferring green, but it did look very nice albeit far too clean. This model has been weathered with a 3 stage approach, washes, then airbrush, then dry brushing and has been fitted with works plates and a real coal load.
I suppose it's actually a 3.5 stage process, because I couldn't help myself adding some detail painting before the airbrushing adding streaks around the water filler hatch, and soot staining down the saddle tank and around the coal bunker.
The model actually was given a gentle polish before I started, as I felt the finish was a little too dull and would benefit from a soft sheen before beginning. This has added a real lustre to the finish.
If you'd like me to weather your model, and create a realistic and personalised miniature recreation of your chosen prototype. bringing it to life then get in touch for personal proposal, using the website form, Facebook or a forum private message. This model will be heading off to it's new home this week, just in time for Christmas. More soon...

Comments