Mollington Road: Class 07 weathered...

I picked up this Heljan Class 07 a few months ago for my micro OO project, the Mollington Road shunting plank, because I'd always wanted an 07 and couldn't resist...
However, despite being a lovely runner it was just far too clean! Bright yellow, and the green just seems too dark without a little dirt, so since I was weathering the Hornby Peckett I figured I could work on this in parallel.
The underframe was washed in 33, 133, 53 and a touch of 100 in the style of Martyn Welch's book... once this was dry I washed the footplate, and picked out details on the body, drops of dirt around the bolt heads and oil leaks around the panel lines based on some photos I bought from Colour Rail.
It's now looking more in keeping with a work worn but relatively new shunter, and I can't wait to get some ballast and ground cover down on the baseboard to get some better photos. If you'd like me to breathe life into your own 'out of the box' model I will apply a custom weathering finish, combining different techniques, studying prototype photos to create your dream model. Get in touch on the website form, Facebook or a forum message if you'd like your own personal proposal. More soon...

Comments