Weekend kit building...

I managed a few hours on my own away from the kids this weekend, and although I'd love a model railway to go and 'play' with, at the moment space constraints mean that I can't have anything set up permanently. Rather than dig out a box I had a look at the 'kit' pile...
Unlike some, mine isn't too large, I tend to top it up from time to time, tagging on a new kit onto some other purchase or another, spotting 'bargains' on eBay or the forums too sometimes. Currently, apart from metal another Judith Edge kit (the North British), a Comet coach for the Bala branch project and trio of Cambian Herring - none of which I fancied with only a short time available, I had the pick of a Parkside 21T mineral, the Ratio office and a pair of 009 Society RNAD wagons.

I decided on the latter and had a pleasant hour putting this pair together, and another 30 mins later on fitting couplings. My intention is not to finish them for a particular layout, but to find photos of them in RNAD service and paint and weather them to match working condition. For now though here they are...
A nice way to spend some time this weekend. More soon...

Comments