A spooky ride on the LBNGR...

As I had hoped we managed a visit, albeit briefly, the Leighton Buzzard Narrow Gauge Railway. 

This post war industrial line has a sand and aggregate heritage, and today's Halloween decorated rake of mixed heritage coaches (one even from Poland I think) were hauled by 778, the WW1 Baldwin pannier 4-6-0t field engine. Immaculately restored, quiet, smooth and stunning.


There were two engines in steam today, the second being Sezula No.4. Elly and I were also pleased to be invited to carefully explore the engine shed, where we saw Elf under maintenance and Pixie and Doll stored.

I'll post up some more photos to Picasa later once I've downloaded them. A good day out, but somewhat less exciting and dramatic then the Welsh 2ft lines. The next trains will run at Christmas (http://www.buzzrail.co.uk)

Comments