Zillertalbahn coach in 009...

When you think about it, 4mm and 3.5mm to the foot are quite different scales, and therefore for a preservation era model railway inspired by the Welshpool and Llanfair, we could really do with a kit of the 2-axle timber bodied coaches in 009 (as opposed to using a H0e Liliput example)...
Recent discussions via email with both Allen at Worsley Works and Steve at Narrow Planet (both helpful, courteous and inspiring as usual) and seeing Rob Waller of Bron Hebog fame producing some resin kits had me pondering what I can offer the market...
One day I'd like to offer an engine kit, but I've not built enough to feel confident with this, so I thought a high quality, precision, multi-media kit might be a cool project... Could I combine etched brass and resin or rapid prototyping materials? The kit would have to be well thought out, easy to put together, include all parts including wheels, interior, glazing and couplings...
One of the Zillertal 2-axle coaches on the Welshpool and Llanfair
So the sketching has started, it feels possible but will be a slow burn project as I suspect it's quite involved. Leave me a comment if you're at all interested.

Comments

  1. Any progress on this project James? It looks like the kind of etched kit that I would be interested in building.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Paul, yes a little. I have done the outline drawing for the coach side and the window frame etches. I've not thought about the chassis and haven't the skills yet to draw the end elevation in Illustrator. I've pondered a 3D printed interior, price permitting, for a short run. I'd want three of these coaches, I reckon they'll end up about £25ish each at cost for a short run, so if you're keen drop me a PM on NGRM and we'll exchange emails!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving a comment on my blog - I appreciate you taking the time to share your views. If you struggle to log in, please turn off the ‘block cross-site tracking’ setting in your browser.

James.